Corporate Floors and our sister company Texas Carpet Recycling are constantly raising the bar when it comes to recycling and reclaiming flooring material. We are proud of what we do to protect the earth while bringing you the very best in flooring. However, we are extremely excited to share with our customers an honor we received from Starnet Commercial Flooring—the network of independent flooring contractors to which we belong.
On April 20th, 2018 at the annual Starnet Membership Meeting, we were honored to receive the “Gold Award” for Environmental Stewardship. The Environmental Stewardship awards are given each year to recognize those Starnet members that are going the extra mile to take care of the earth by implementing recycling programs as well as taking additional actions to avoid pollution and lowering the carbon footprint of the flooring industry. The “Gold Award” is the top-tier award, making it a very big deal to be chosen and bringing home the point that we really are doing something amazing for the earth and all its inhabitants.
Why Corporate Floors
If you’ve never worked with us before, you may not realize everything we do to protect our planet. A few of our efforts that were mentioned in the award included:
- Our use of fuel-saving vehicles for deliveries and installations
- Recycling our paper, plastic and other containers so they stay out of the landfill
- Installation of an energy management system in our headquarters that controls electricity, water and other systems
- Use of eco-friendly installation products
- The zero carpet-to-landfill policy which keeps carpet, and other recyclables out of the landfill
- Our donations to Habitat to Humanity to include both used and new product
- Tracking of all eco-friendly efforts so that we can show our customers exactly what we’re doing to keep our planet safe
In any corporate setting, it is always an honor to receive an award. This Gold Award is truly one of the most humbling and incredible that we could earn.
Luckily, Corporate Floors is not the only flooring firm out there setting the bar higher when it comes to caring for our planet. Other companies have been honored too, and we are awed to have been included in such good company. If you would like to read more about our achievement or you would like to learn more about the Starnet Environmental Stewardship Awards, check out the full article on the Starnet website.
While the Corporate Floors team is happy with this incredible award and we feel good about what we’ve done to protect the earth, we know that this is only the beginning. Our goal is to remove as much waste from the flooring industry as possible and make our company even more eco-friendly in years to come. If you’d like to talk to an eco-friendly flooring expert about your next project, we encourage you to contact us online or by phone today. We can’t wait to show you what we can do for your floors—and the planet.